This course draws widely on industry case studies and realistic examples to deliver a broad-based, practical introduction to managing oil and gas exploration, development and production contracts.
What You Will Learn
- The structure and benefits of different types of international contracts for petroleum exploration, development and production
- The key elements of oil and gas exploitation contracts
- How to structure the agreement(s) to meet your company's needs
- The different needs and expectations of national and international oil and gas companies
- An understanding of non-financial elements and their impact on economics and profitability
- How to identify and manage appropriately the risks and opportunities in the contract terms
- How to differentiate between oil and gas exploitation and marketing issues involved in gas contracts
- How to model the changing parameters in a typical PSC
This course makes extensive use of petroleum industry case studies, examples and exercises, with delegates working individually and in teams when tackling a variety of industry-specific challenges.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at professional oil and gas company personnel at all levels and in all disciplines, including business development; contract negotiations; business analysis; strategic planning; joint-venture representation; and investment in petroleum projects. It also offers an in-depth general understanding of international oil and gas exploitation contracts.