This course allows personnel who don't have a financial background to understand the basic principles, theory and practice of financial reporting and analysis as they apply to the oil and gas industry.
What You Will Learn
- How to interpret, understand and act on financial information
- How to develop more effective decision-making skills
- Elements of financial management specific to the oil and gas industry
- A conceptual understanding of key E&P accounting topics including depreciation, reserves, decommissioning, and asset impairment tests
The course uses a combination of instruction, group discussions and practical examples and exercises to ensure delegates absorb both the theory and the practical application of the topics.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at non-financial personnel at all levels and in all disciplines in the oil and gas industry who want to develop a better understanding of finance and budgeting.Typical delegates include:
- Managers and supervisors wanting to improve their understanding of financial reports and make more effective use of financial information for strategic and operational decision-making
- Specialists in all disciplines who have to interpret and work with financial information
- All personnel with budget responsibilities
- Advisers who make recommendations based on financial data