As international companies move towards a flatter, team-based structure, supervisors and team leaders need to learn to combine fulltime operational responsibilities with leadership roles. This practical activity-based course is aimed at developing essential leadership and people management skills in people who are relatively new to this demanding role.
What You Will Learn
- Prepare and make the adjustments necessary for a smooth transition into leadership
- Assess your own leadership capabilities, challenges and potential growth areas
- Manage yourself and your time more effectively to achieve your goals
- Develop SMARTer goals and Action Plans
- Apply effective communication techniques and conduct productive business meetings
- Motivate and encourage ‘team spirit’ among your staff
- Develop delegation skills and assignment Action Plans
- Develop coaching skills and use effective coaching techniques to improve staff performance
- Use a systematic problem-solving and decision making approach
- Manage conflict and stress constructively
The majority of this course involves group activities, exercises, case studies and simulations designed to give you practice and build your confidence in managing yourself and your people.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is for relatively new leaders and supervisors and those preparing for management. The focus on essential 'need to know' leadership skills and we recommend that people attend this workshop before attending the Advanced Leadership and People Management Skills course.